Servers need to be constantly updated:
- Operating System
- 3rd party software packages, plugins and extension.
With a private managed cloud of your own we take care of all of the installations, upgrades and ongoing maintenance for you.
- Each new website and user introduces a potential new security risk.
- Every installation or introduction of 3rd party software is a potential security risk because it may contain an exploit or malware.
At some point when your site has been hacked into or compromised you will have to pay someone hourly for these upgrades.
One size does not fit all
- Every online website, store and/or application is different and has different requirements. Some are processor-intensive, some database-intensive, some have high traffic and others do not.
- With other sharing the same resources, a lot of traffic can be generated has the potential of affecting your online store or web presence, which could drain resources such as bandwidth leading to slow response time and slow loading time.
This does not happen on a dedicated server because you are not sharing resources.
Blacklisting Of Website: In a shared server, there is more of a risk of being blacklisted by search engines because someone else on the server engaging in such practices as spamming may get the entire IP address blacklisted. On a dedicated server, you will not get blacklisted unless you engage in unethical internet practices.
Level of Control: A dedicated server offers more control over the server as they can add their preferred programs, applications and scripts. You will have improved flexibility and security which is very beneficial.
On a shared virtual hosting account it is not possible to do site-specific backups. All backups are daily server-wide, therefore, it is impossible to roll a website back a day or week or month.
With a dedicated private cloud it is very easy to roll back changes to yesterday, 3 days ago or last week and not effect other clients or domains because you are on a private cloud of your own.